To present one way of performing onlay preputial flap for hypospadias.
Patients and methods
This procedure was performed following the methodology used in one hypospadias expert center to correct hypospadias in boys who are not elective for Koff procedure and in whom Koyanagi procedure is not needed. Operative details were described, and post-operative management were given as example.
Long-term results of this technique showed a 10% complication rate (dehiscence, strictures or urethral fistulas) 2 years after surgery.
This video is a step by step description of the onlay preputial flap technique giving the general methodology and also the details resulting from years of practice in one hypospadias expert center.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Urology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The island tube and island onlay hypospadias repairs offer excellent long-term outcomes: a 14-year followup.J Urol. 2004; 172: 1717-1719
- Preoperative topical estrogen treatment vs placebo in 244 children with midshaft and posterior hypospadias.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2020; 105: 231
- Outcome of severe hypospadias repair using three different techniques.J Pediatr Urol. 2009; 5: 205-211
- The island flap technique for hypospadias repair.Urol Clin. 1981; 8: 503-511
- Does intraoperative penile tourniquet application during hypospadias repair affect the patients and surgeons reported outcomes? A randomized controlled trial.J Pediatr Urol. 2020; 16: 683
Published online: February 21, 2023
Accepted: February 19, 2023
Received in revised form: January 9, 2023
Received: March 7, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
© 2023 Journal of Pediatric Urology Company. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.