|Group A Both normal SSEP and UD N = 12||Group B Abnormal SSEP only N = 4||Group C Abnormal UD only N = 8||Group D Both abnormal SSEP AND UD N = 21||P-value|
|Median age at NS OT (months)||27||14.5||23||16.5||0.051|
|Median FU time (months)||102||66||120||120||0.087|
|Anti-cholinergic use||0||0||1 (12.5%)||7 (33.3%)||0.008∗|
|Clean intermittent catheterisation use||1 (8.3%)||0||0||9 (42.9%)||0.006∗|
|Intravesical botulinum injection||0||0||0||4 (19%)||0.039∗|
|Augmentation cystoplasty||0||0||0||3 (14.8%)||0.079|
|Urinary continence at last FU||0.433|
||11 (91.7%)||2 (100%)||5 (71%)||12 (60%)|
||1 (8.3%)||0||1 (14.2%)||6 (30%)|
||0||0||1 (14.2%)||2 (10%)|
|Abnormal renal function on last follow up||1 (8.3%)||0||0||1 (5.6%)||0.813|
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidence of occult spinal dysraphism among infants with cutaneous stigmata and proportion managed with neurosurgery: a systemic review and meta-analysis.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3
- Somatosensory evoked potentials as a screening tool for diagnosis of spinal pathologies in children with treatment refractory overactive bladder.Childs Nerv Syst. 2017; 33: 1327-1333
- A combined urodynamic and electrophysiological study of diabetic cystography.Neurourol Urodyn. 2006; 25: 32-38
- Congenital intraspinal lipomas: anatomic considerations and surgical treatment.Child’s Brain. 1982; 9: 37-47
- Wireless ambulatory urodynamic study: a 6 years retrospective review in a tertiary paediatric urological referral centre.Surg Pract. 2018; : 67-74
- International children's continence society standardization report on urodynamic studies of the lower urinary tract in children.Neurol. Urodyn. 2015; 34: 640-647
- Guidelines on short-latency somatosensory evoked potentials: standards for short latency somatosensory evoked potentials.American Clinical Neurophysiology Society American Journal of Electroneurodiagnostic Technology. Sep 2006; 46 (17pp.): 287-308
Paediatric Neurology vade mecum. PNAHK.
- Evaluation and management of tethered cord syndrome in occult spinal dysraphism: recommendations from the international children's continence society.Neurourol Urodyn. 2018; 37: 890-903
Kraft et al. Somatosensory evoked potentials: clinical uses. Muscle Nerve 21; 252-258.
- The role of somatosensory evoked potentials in spinal, dysraphism- do they have a prognostic significance?.Child’s Nerv Syst. 1998; 14: 328-331
- Evaluation of neurological examination, SEP results, MRI results, and lesion levels in patients who had been operated for myelomeningocele.J Pediatr Neurosci. 2020; 15: 393-401
- Preoperative videourodynamic study is helpful in predicting long-term postoperative voiding function in asymptomatic patients with closed spinal dysraphism.Int Neurourol J. 2022; 26: 60-68
- A combined urodynamic and electrophysiological study of diabetic cystography.Neurorology and Urodynamics. 2006; 25: 32-38
- Lipomyelomeningocele for the urologist: should we view it the same as myelomeningocele?.J Pediatr Urol. 2017; 13: 371