We appreciate this commentary on our paper that highlights the importance of involving parents/caregivers of children with differences of sex development (DSD) in shared decision making (SDM). In the following, we respond to comments about how the conclusions to the findings were interpreted based on our study methods.
Abbreviations:SDM (shared decision making), DSD (differences of sex development), DSD-TRN (DSD Translational Research Network), HCP (health care professional)
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Urology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Global overview of response rates in patient and health care professional surveys in surgery: a systematic review.Ann Surg. 2022; 275: e75-e81https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000004078
- International consensus conference on intersex organized by the Lawson Wilkins pediatric endocrine society, the European society for paediatric endocrinology. Consensus statement on management of intersex disorders. International Consensus conference on intersex.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: e488-e500https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2006-0738
- Disorders of sex development (DSD): clinical service delivery in the United States.Am J Med Genet. 2017; 175: 268-278https://doi.org/10.1002/ajmg.c.31558
- 20th anniversary update of the Ottawa Decision Support Framework: Part 2 subanalysis of a systematic review of patient decision aids.Med Decis Making. 2020; 40: 522-539https://doi.org/10.1177/0272989X20924645
Published online: November 03, 2022
Accepted: October 29, 2022
Received: October 27, 2022
© 2022 Journal of Pediatric Urology Company. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.