Abbreviations:CAH (congenital adrenal hyperplasia), DSD (differences of sex development), IQR (interquartile range)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Baseline characteristics of infants with atypical genital development: phenotypes, diagnoses, and sex of rearing.J Endocr Soc. 2019; 3: 264-272https://doi.org/10.1210/js.2018-00316
- Participation of adults with disorders/differences of sex development (DSD) in the clinical study dsd-LIFE: design, methodology, recruitment, data quality and study population.BMC Endocr Disord. 2017; 17: 52https://doi.org/10.1186/s12902-017-0198-y
- Syndrome-related stigma in the general social environment as reported by women with classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia.Arch Sex Behav. 2017; 46: 341-351https://doi.org/10.1007/s10508-016-0862-8
- Stigma associated with classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia in women's sexual lives.Arch Sex Behav. 2018; 47: 943-951https://doi.org/10.1007/s10508-017-1003-8
- Influence of genotype and hyperandrogenism on sexual function in women with congenital adrenal hyperplasia.J Sex Med. 2019; 16: 1529-1540https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2019.07.009
- Type of mutation and surgical procedure affect long-term quality of life for women with congenital adrenal hyperplasia.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008; 93: 380-386https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2007-0556
- Health status of adults with congenital adrenal hyperplasia: a cohort study of 203 patients.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010; 95: 5110-5121https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2010-0917
- Poor compliance and increased mortality, depression and healthcare costs in patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia.Eur J Endocrinol. 2018; 178: 309-320https://doi.org/10.1530/EJE-17-0895
SB 201 California: Medical procedures: treatment or intervention: sex characteristics of a minor. 2019-2020 ed2020.
- An act relating to health care; establishing conditions for the performance on a child of any surgical procedure to assign anatomical sex; providing for disciplinary action against certain providers of health care for any violation of those conditions; and providing other matters properly relating thereto.2017 (ed2017)
- An act concerning a person's intersex status or characteristics.2019
- Promoting the human rights of and eliminating discrimination against intersex people.2017
- Human.Rights.Office. United nations for intersex awareness: intersex babies are perfect just as they are.2020
Government.of.Malta. Gender identity, Gender Expression and Sex Characteristics Act.
- Portugal approves law to boost transgender rights, protect intersex infants.2018
- What do patients and parents say about parents' ability to choose early genital surgery for girls with congenital adrenal hyperplasia?.J Urol. 2021; 205: 1770-1777https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000001573
- Majority of females with a life-long experience of CAH and parents do not consider females with CAH to be intersex.J Pediatr Urol. 2021; 17 (e1- e9 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpurol.2020.09.009): 210
- Patient and caregiver attitudes toward disorders of sex development nomenclature.J Urol. 2020; 204 (101097JU0000000000001076): 835-842https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000001076
- United States census bureau.https://www.census.gov/en.htmlDate: 2020
- Partnership and sexuality in adult female patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. First results of a cross-sectional quality-of-life evaluation.J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1993; 45: 123-126https://doi.org/10.1016/0960-0760(93)90131-f