Thank you for the opportunity to write a commentary on this article. In their paper, the authors compare two surgical techniques to augment a narrow urethral plate. They choose a prospective, randomized study design and found that dorsal inlay grafts have a better outcome than longitudinal onlay flaps.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Urology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Narrow urethral plate augmentation in anterior and middle hypospadias repair: onlay flap VS. Inlay graft. A prospective randomized comparative study.J Pediatr Urol. 2021; 17: 216
- Postoperative outcomes in distal hypospadias: a meta-analysis of the Mathieu and tubularized incised plate repair methods for development of urethrocutaneous fistula and urethral stricture.Pediatr Surg Int. 2019; 35: 1301-1308
- A systematic review of core outcomes for hypospadias surgery.Sexual Dev. 2019; 13: 165-170
- The earth is round (p<. 05).Am Psychol. 1994; 49: 997
Published online: December 31, 2020
Accepted: December 7, 2020
Received: December 7, 2020
© 2020 Journal of Pediatric Urology Company. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Narrow urethral plate augmentation in anterior and middle hypospadias repair: Onlay flap VS. Inlay graft. A prospective randomized comparative studyJournal of Pediatric UrologyVol. 17Issue 2
- PreviewThe measurement of the urethral plate width (as an objective parameter) and its effect of this width on the results of tubularized incised plate urethroplasty (TIPU) have been reported in two series and both authors reported that a urethral plate width < 8 mm is associated with higher complication rates. The augmentation of the urethral plate either by dorsal inlay graft urethroplasty (DIGU) or Onlay flap has been compared with the original TIPU in different degrees of hypospadias with better surgical results in augmented cases.
- Response to a commentary on “Narrow urethral plate augmentation in anterior and middle hypospadias repair: Onlay flap VS. inlay graft. A prospective randomized comparative study”Journal of Pediatric UrologyVol. 17Issue 2