Patients and methods
Abbreviations:TT (Testicular torsion), TAT (Torsion of appendage of testis), DUS (Doppler ultrasound)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Evaluation of acute scrotum in the emergency department.J Pediatr Surg. 1995; 30: 277
- Early scrotal exploration in all cases is the investigation and intervention of choice in the acute paediatric scrotum.Pediatr Surg Int. 2006; 22: 413-416
- Acute scrotal swelling in children.J Pediatr Surg. 1984; 19: 581-584
- Testicular torsion and risk factors for orchiectomy.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005; 1591167e71
- Testicular torsion in Bristol: a 25 year review.Br J Surg. 1988; 75: 988-992
- Testicular function after torsion of the spermatic cord.BJU Int. 2003 Aug; 92: 200-203
- Testicular exocrine malfunction after torsion.Lancet. 1984; 2: 1357-1360
- Late postoperative results in males treated for testicular torsion during childhood.J Pediatr Surg. 1994; 29: 553-556
- Contemporary review of testicular torsion: new concepts, emerging technologies and potential therapeutics.J Pediatr Urol. 2013; 9: 723-730
Barbosa J, Tiseo B, Barayan G RB& NH. Development and initial validation of a scoring system to diagnose testicular torsion in children. J pf Pediatr Urol. 189(5):1859–1864.
- Torsion of the testicle: it is time to stop tossing the dice.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2012; 28: 80-86
- Clinical inquiries. How useful is a physical exam in diagnosing testicular torsion?.J Fam Pract. 2009; 58: 433-434
- Clinical predictors of testicular torsion in children.Urology. 2012; 79: 670-674
- Acute scrotum: is scrotal exploration the best management?.Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2010; 20: 312-315
- History and physical examination findings predictive of testicular torsion: an attempt to promote clinical diagnosis by house staff.J pf Pediatr Urol. 2011; 7: 470-474
- Clinical and sonographic features predict testicular torsion in children: a prospective study.BJUI. 2013; 112: 1201-1206
- Diagnosing testicular torsion before urological consultation and imaging: validation of the TWIST score.J Urol. 2016; 195: 1870-1876
- An analysis of clinical outcomes using color Doppler testicular ultrasound for testicular torsion.Pediatrics. 2000; 105: 604-607
- Ultrasonography of the spermatic cord in children with testicular torsion:impact on the surgical strategy.J Urol. 2004; 172: 1692-1695
- Testicular torsion with preserved flow: key sonographic features and value-added approach to diagnosis.Pediatr Radiol. 2018; 48: 735-744
- Commissioning guide: management of paediatric torsion.Royal College of Surgeons of England, London2016https://www.england.nhs.uk/midseast/wpcontent/uploads/sites/7/2018/03/torsion-commissioning-guide.pdf
- ESPR Uroradiology Taskforce—imaging recommendations in paediatric uroradiology, part VIII: retrograde urethrography, imaging disorder of sexual development and imaging childhood testicular torsion.Pediatr Radiol. 2015; 45: 2023-2028
- Retrospective review of pediatric patients with acute scrotum.ANZ J Surg. 2003; 73: 55-58
- Conservative management of twisted testicular appendages.J Urol. 1981 Feb; 125: 213-214
- Re-presentations and recurrent events following initial management of the acute paediatric scrotum: a 5 year review.ANZ J Surg. 2019 April; 89: E117-E121
British association of paediatric urology statement: ‘recommendations for paediatric urology practice during the COVID-19 epidemic’; https://www.bapu.org.uk/news-and-events/news/recommendations-for- paediatric-urology-practice-during-covid-19-epidemic.
- An analysis of successful litigation claims in children in England.Arch Dis Child. 2011; 96: 838-840
- Reexploration of the acute scrotum.BJU Int. 2006; 97: 364-366
- Chronic orchalgia after surgical exploration for acute scrotal pain in children.J Pediatr Urol. 2016 Jun; 12: 168.e1-168.e6
- Identifying systems delays in assessment, diagnosis, and operative management for testicular torsion in a single-payer health-care system.J Pediatr Urol. Mar. 2019; 29: 30074e9
- Accuracy of point of care ultrasound by pediatric emergency physicians for testicular torsion.J Pediatr Urol. 2019; 15 (e1-e6): 608
- A review of lawsuits related to point of care emergency ultrasound applications.West J Emerg Med. 2015 Jan; 16: 1-4
Ryan K, Folkard S, Bastianpillai C, Green J. The management of testicular torsion in the UK: how can we do better? A national quantitative and qualitative analysis of the factors affected successful testicular salvage. J Pediatr Urol, http://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpurol.2020.08.018.