Material and methods
Abbreviations:VAS (visual analog scale), FLACC (Face, Legs, Activity, Cry, Consolability Scale), LOH (length of hospitalization)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Postoperative pain management in the elderly undergoing thoracic surgery.Thorac Surg Clin. 2009; 19: 353-361
- The effects of incisional bupivacaine on postoperative narcotic requirements, oxygen saturation and length of stay in the post-anesthesia care unit.Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 1990; 34: 486-491
- The effects of local anesthetics on postoperative pain.AORN J. 1998; 68: 1003-1012
- Efficacy of continuous wound catheters delivering local anesthetic for postoperative analgesia: a quantitative and qualitative systematic review of randomized controlled trials.J Am Coll Surg. 2006; 203: 914-932
- Continuous peripheral nerve blockade for inpatient and outpatient postoperative analgesia in children.Anesth Analg. 2007; 105: 1234-1242
- Continuous incisional infusion of local anesthetic in pediatric patients following open heart surgery.Paediatr Anaesth. 2009; 19: 571-576
- Indications and benefits of continuous peripheral local anesthesia.J Surg Educ. 2008; 65: 254-258
- Pain in the pediatric patient: practical aspects of assessment.Pediatr Ann. 1995; 24 (37–8): 126-133
- Cancer principle and practice. vol. 2. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2008 (p. 2839) 8th ed.